Nominations for The Krypto Award for Friendliest Member
1. Please post no more than one nomination for the friendliest member in our first year of the CCF (between April 30th, 2014 at 9:22pm EST and April 30, 2015 at 9:21pm EST).
2. You must explain why you are nominating this member.
3. Please second no more than one nomination made by another member. You may not second your own nomination.
4. Any member receiving both a nomination and a second will be included in the final ballot for this award on May 25th.
5. Nominations and Seconds for this round conclude at the end of May 15th.
6. Absolutely NO negative talk about another member, nor another member's nomination. The very purpose of this event is to salute our members and their contributions for all they've added to this community. Though only one member will ultimately receive this award, you have the potential to thank and maybe touch members with anyone you choose to nominate or second. Please don't use this opportunity to hurt or deflate someone.
I'd like to nominate hondobrode-he's always cordial when interacting, always has a kind word for those in need, always seeking to help others out whether it's with a bargain in the bargain hunter's thread, a suggestion of a new book he encountered, or whatever. It's always a pleasant experience interacting with him.
"We cannot change the world until we change ourselves." -Christopher Wallace
"I see a comics culture that preserves and appreciates its past, but doesn't wallow in witless nostalgia." -Scott McCloud
“Humans beings always do the most intelligent thing…after they’ve tried every stupid alternative and none of them have worked” ― Buckminster Fuller
"Things happen all the time. Stories are how we arrange them to make sense of them." -Warren Ellis
Post by Phil Maurice on May 13, 2015 16:08:22 GMT -5
I'd like to nominate coldwater. Here is a member who is genuine, open and honest, armed always with an encouraging word or self-deprecating slice of life to bolster and reassure others. Coldwater is a sensitive and caring soul, a great listener, and manages to shine even here, among such brilliance.
"You may be as vicious about me as you please. You will only do me justice." - Richard Burton
I will second Icctrombone's nomination for MechaGodzilla.
I agree with Icctrombone that lots of folks here are friendly, but I'm still a relative newcomer to CCF and Mecha stood out because not only did he post a warm welcome (which the wonderful Shax and others did too), but he also consistently acknowledged/commented on my earliest posts as I was testing the waters around here. Everyone likes to be noticed so it made me feel good and that I had something worthwhile to contribute (though that may be debatable, LOL). Anyway, he helped make me feel comfortable here and I've noticed he usually has friendly words for others too.