Nominations for The Captain Jim Zimmerman Award for Best Overall Member Who Most Exemplifies the Spirit of the CCF
1. Please post no more than one nomination for the best overall member in our first year of the CCF (between April 30th, 2014 at 9:22pm EST and April 30, 2015 at 9:21pm EST).
2. You must explain why you are nominating this member.
3. Please second no more than one nomination made by another member. You may not second your own nomination.
4. Any member receiving both a nomination and a second will be included in the final ballot for this award on May 25th.
5. Nominations and Seconds for this round conclude at the end of May 21th.
6. Absolutely NO negative talk about another member, nor another member's nomination. The very purpose of this event is to salute our members and their contributions for all they've added to this community. Though only one member will ultimately receive this award, you have the potential to thank and maybe touch members with anyone you choose to nominate or second. Please don't use this opportunity to hurt or deflate someone.
This has got to be the hardest one to do. There are so many people I want to nominate (and for so many different reasons), but I think the one I'm going to go with is DE Sinclair. Not only is he a friendly, likable, and engaging member, as well as an integral part of the mod squad here, but I've always been impressed by how he handles tense situations, maintaing calm, optimism, and reason. I've even seen him in several situations where another member was giving him an unnecessarily hard time, and instead of responding with any sort of agitation, he just shrugged it off and kept on talking to the other party in a civil manner, completely unphased that he'd just been personally insulted. How many times has it been said that ours is one of the most respectful communities on the web? Well DE sets the bar for that kind of discourse.
This is extremely hard because there are so many fine individuals here, but I'm gonna nominate Roquefort Raider.
I've never known him to be anything less than friendly, respectful of others, knowledgeable, funny and kindhearted. Plus, he always has something constructive and interesting to add to a discussion. As such, I think he's pretty much a model member of this friendliest of communities.
Last Edit: May 19, 2015 8:50:48 GMT -5 by Confessor
Post by coke & comics on May 19, 2015 13:13:35 GMT -5
To me the heart and soul of this community is the heart and soul of the last one. We all knew this crazy experiment was working when Classic Comics Christmas came long. He's treated us to Lash House and the Guide to Earth-2, and I suspect his very presence brought over several others. Wherever Kurt went, was a place people could be confident that Classics Community would go.
I nominate Cei-U!
I summon the obvious choice!
"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." ~Angel
"For all their indisputable intelligence, men take this farce as something serious, and that is their tragedy." ~Brothers Karamazov
I'd like to nominate thwhtguardian. He offers a lot of varied contributions from the reviews of the Mignolaverse, to Batman X years ago, to insight on new comics. He is always positive and upbeat, and a voice of reason as a mod. His presence sets an example we should aspire to.
Wildfire2099, I am so glad you nominated Shaxper. I am seconding your nomination, for the reasons you stated...and also for Shax's immense compassion and truly helpful actions in assisting a fellow CCFer recently--well, that is all the evidence I need to know he is a rare individual.
If for some reason he is not eligible in this category, then a new one is needed.
I second thwtguardian (what the heck does that name mean anyway?!!)
It's a reference to one of my favorite Doctor Who characters:
The White Guardian.
I first used it as my name in EverQuest but when I switched to WoW in 2004 the name was taken but instead of picking a new one I simply skipped a few letters and its stuck ever since.
As for the topic at hand I'd like to second DE Sinclair, not only do we share the same last name but he's one of the sanest people here. In addition to that I'd like to nominate Dupont, though we seldom agree on many issues(especially where it concerns the creative merits of the superheroes from the big two) he's always respectful and I always enjoy his point of view.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
May 19-21: Captain Jim Zimmerman Award (Best Overall Member)