So, when I get to choose topics for the contest, I like to pick broad topics that give posters a lot of leeway in making their choices, just to see what covers get brought to the table. I love discovering new stuff or seeing different covers get the spotlight. With that in mind, this week's topic is: Penultimate Covers
Post a cover (your favorite or otherwise) from the next to last issue of a series.
Here's my offering, Atom & Hawkman #44 (of the 45 issues run of Atom/Atom & the Hawkman)
so let's see what you got...
and now the fine print:
- Post one, and only one, classic cover that fits the theme of the contest.
- Cover must be from a published comic book or collected volume published before April 2009.
- Covers must be posted before voting begins.
- Voting takes place on Tuesday, April 16th beginning at 12:01am PST and ending at 11:59pm PST.
- Vote by posting the name of the poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most.
- Put the name of your choice in bold.
- The winner of the contest is the entrant with the most votes after the voting period ends.
- The winner chooses the theme for the next week's contest.
- If you don't think the cover fits the theme, don't vote for it; please don't post disparaging remarks about it.
- If a cover is more recent than the classic time frame, kindly point it out so that the poster can choose an alternate before voting begins.
Post by M. W. Gallaher on Apr 10, 2019 9:50:24 GMT -5
I realize that this cover is unlikely to garner a single vote, but my secret personal Classic Comics Cover challenge is getting more and more difficult as I near its conclusion--there are a maximum of 21 covers remaining as of this 36th week. So Red Tornado is serving as a sacrifice entry. Hey, it's not like he isn't used to it!