Post by Crimebuster on Jan 12, 2019 14:00:39 GMT -5
I have 20-30 comic book fonts I have collected over the last few months, so there are lots of options better than what I have used for this first pass. The differences between some of the comic fonts are very minor, so figuring out which one is just right is tricky. When I finish the line art, I will need to decide on a font before I proceed further, so some time next month I am planning to mock up a bunch of samples and get some feedback.
Post by Crimebuster on Jan 18, 2019 9:41:20 GMT -5
I think I mentioned this before, but I have a website for this project, and am doing weekly updates on my production blog. This week I have the second installment in a look at the process of creating the series co-star Trixie Trouble.
Post by Crimebuster on Feb 14, 2019 22:07:47 GMT -5
I've been having a lot of health issues recently, which has slowed me down some. But I am still plugging away - just finished the linework for page 24, and am beginning the linework for page 25 (out of 30). My goal at this point is to have all the linework done, as well as all the (first draft) dialogue and word balloons done, by the end of the month. I am still aiming to have the whole thing complete for a May 1st kickstarter launch, but we will see.
I finally decided to use Letteromatic from Blambot as my primary font. On the finished first page, I am still using Komika italics for the scroll speech, but after that, it's Letteromatic for almost everything else in the book, other than a couple places where I decided to use other fonts for effect.
Here's a look at the finished first page! I'm stoked!
I'm going to be creating a mailing list too, but I haven't quite got that figured out yet. But if anyone wants to be put on it, the website has a "Contact Us" button you canhit to send me a message. I'll be streamlining this at some point.
Right now I am expecting to have the whole 30 page story completed in about 3 weeks. I have 9 pages done, and 21 left to add inking and shading to. I'm tentatively aiming for the first week of June to launch the Kickstarter, but we'll see — I'll definitely be announcing more about that as soon as it's solidified.
I'm going to have two variant covers, but this is what the regular cover will look like (more or less - I may do some minor tweaks as we go):
Post by Crimebuster on Apr 26, 2019 21:37:02 GMT -5
Hello, friends! I am excited to share with you that the first issue of The Crimebusters is now done! Sure, I have a few things left — like a two page text piece, and the inside front cover — but the art is now complete for the 30 page story! I've been working on the art since October, so I am thrilled to finally finish it. My first comic! I can't wait to get a copy in my hands.
I'm also looking forward to sharing it with everyone. Next week I'll be announcing the date when this will go live on Kickstarter. In the meantime, I've created a mailing list to make sure that whoever wants to know about what's happening with the comic can find out straight from the horse's mouth. 😉
If you want to join the mailing list, that's cool, if not, that's also cool. I will continue to update here as well, of course! But if you do want to join, here's the link to sign up. Thanks!