Post by tartanphantom on Nov 23, 2022 9:34:31 GMT -5
After consulting the master list, I see that we have done Marie Severin, but not her likewise prolific sibling.
So I'm asking you to post a cover from one of my favorite classic do-it-all artists, John Severin. John had a long and storied career, and was adaptable to any style, but is mostly known for his Western, War, and Comedy art. In any case, John had a very distinct style that is impossible to un-see once you learn to recognize it.
- Post one, and only one, classic cover that fits the theme of the contest.
- Cover must be from a published comic book or collected volume published before November 2012.
- Please include the title and the issue number of the comic in bold in case some posters cannot see your image.
- Covers must be posted before voting begins.
- Voting takes place on Tuesday, November 29, beginning at 12:01 am PST and ending at 11:59 am PST.
- Vote by posting the name of the poster whose cover best fits the theme or that you simply like the most in bold.
- The winner of the contest is the entrant with the most votes after the voting period ends.
- The winner chooses the theme for the next week's contest.
- If you don't think the cover fits the theme, don't vote for it; please don't post disparaging remarks about it--before, during or after the contest.
- If a cover is more recent than the classic time frame (currently Nov 2012), kindly point it out to the poster, who may then choose an alternate before voting begins.
Here is my introductory example--
Western Outlaws #20, May 1957-- Warwick Publications (Atlas/Marvel)